Now that the incubation has officially begun, it's time to re-launch our "Guess the Hatch Date" contest. Although our last round of "Guess the Hatch Date" wasn't exactly a smashing success, I really have a good feeling about Mrs. Robin's current clutch. Mrs. Robin seems to be taking her responsibilities much more seriously this time. Therefore, I'm confident that we'll soon have a nest full of baby robins.
Speaking of baby robins, we are once again offering an authentic, one-of-a-kind framed photograph of the baby robins to the contestant who submits the winning guess. Here are the contest rules:
- To enter the contest, please use the form below to specify the date and time of day that you think the first robin will hatch.
- All entries must be received by midnight central time on Sunday, May 22.
- If you expect to be whisked away in the rapture on May 21, please submit your guess early.
- In the event of a tie, a sudden-death gummy worm eating contest (in keeping with our robin theme) will be used as a tie breaker. The contestant who eats the most gummy worms in 60 seconds shall be declared the winner.
- All judges' decisions are final.
- Please only one guess per person.
And here are a couple pieces of information to assist you in formulating your guess:
- According to allaboutbirds.org, the incubation period for the American robin is 12-14 days.
- Mrs. Robin laid her 4th and final egg on Sunday, May 15.