However, I do have some exciting news to share with our loyal blog readers. We are launching our official "Guess the Hatch Date" contest!! The person who submits the winning guess will win an authentic, one-of-a-kind framed photograph of the baby robins -- guaranteed to make you smile.
Here are the contest rules:
1. To enter the contest, please use the form below to specify the date and time of day that you think the first robin will hatch.
2. All entries must be received by midnight central time on Sunday, April 24.
3. In the event of a tie, a sudden-death gummy worm eating contest (in keeping with our robin theme) will be used as a tie breaker. The contestant who eats the most gummy worms in 60 seconds shall be declared the winner.
4. All judges' decisions are final.
5. Please only one guess per person.
Here are a couple pieces of information to assist you in formulating your guess:
- According to allaboutbirds.org, the incubation period for the American robin is 12-14 days.
- Mrs. Robin laid her 4th and final egg on Tuesday, April 19.