Monday, April 18, 2011

Another day, another egg


Like clockwork, our mother robin popped out another egg today, bringing the total up to 3. Mrs. Robin continues to make herself scarce when she is not laying eggs. She seems to be a very early riser, because I checked the nest as I was leaving for the gym at 5:00 this morning, and there was no sign of Mrs. Robin. I also checked before I went to bed last night, and she wasn't in the nest then, either. So I'm not sure whether she even returned to the nest at all last night. But who can blame our young mother-to-be for wanting to live it up a little bit while she still has the chance?

Based on my extensive research of the gestational habits of robins, Mrs. Robin should lay her fourth and final egg tomorrow, and then the incubation process will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment